AIDAR and ThyssenKrupp at ACHEMA 2022
ACHEMA is the world’s leading trade show for process technology and industry. The newest machinery and cutting-edge methods for the chemical, pharmaceutical, and food industries were on display at the Frankfurt fairgrounds from August 22 to 26 by more than 2200 exhibitors, from more than 50 countries. We were there with Uhde High Pressure Technologies GmbH, a part of ThyssenKrupp AG.
The three focal topics of ACHEMA 2022 were the digital lab, product and process security as well as modular and connected production. All of them emphasized innovation and cross-industry cooperation as the key to becoming successful in this challenging post-pandemic environment.
Uhde and Aidar partnership
Uhde High Pressure Technologies is a high-tech company within the Thyssenkrupp Group. It is one of the world’s leading companies for industrial high-pressure plants that provides the customer with services throughout the whole plant life cycle, from the planning phase with in-house engineering to the operating phase with service and replacement parts delivery. In their constant search for process improvement, we managed to begin our cooperation.
At Uhde stand, we presented our augmented reality remote support solution AIDAR.SERVICE using their newest valve. Both our companies believe that thanks to its many business and operational benefits, AR-supported maintenance and troubleshooting of high-pressure components holds the future.
Working with a market pioneer like UHDE is a true pleasure. Any industry may advance by being open to new technologies and the solutions that come with them. We are happy that ThyssenKrupp considers Head-Up Hands-Free solutions as a future of employee support. We are ready and eager to back Uhde clients with both our VR and AR solutions.Przemysław Maliszewski, Co-Founder and CEO of AIDAR
How does AR remote support work?
An on-site operator calls a remote expert for support with his AR headset. The expert connects via a web browser on his laptop. During this connection between the expert and the operator, apart from voice and image transmission via AR goggles, the system also provides several additional tools to improve remote collaboration, including:
- taking, transmitting, drawing on, and displaying pictures;
- plotting and pinpointing points and locations;
- creating checklists by the expert and displaying them on AR glasses to the operator;
- virtual measurement of objects performed by the operator;
- automatic scanning of space and creation of a 3D scan to faithfully reproduce the operator’s; surroundings to pinpoint locations;
- recording of the entire remote support process so that it can then be used to develop a new service scenario or new training material to be added to the company’s knowledge base. In this way, all the expert’s valuable comments and ideas will be saved and passed on to subsequent operators.
The AIDAR.SERVICE platform can be up and running for any company in just a few hours. It is easy to integrate with customer systems and intuitive to use.
The next ACHEMA will take place in Frankfurt from 10 to 14 June 2024. Will you be there?